HCG Diet Plan Works for Extreme Weight LossMay 21, 2017
How to END Erectile Dysfunction Once and For AllMay 30, 2017
Hypogonadism is also known as low testosterone which is a medical condition many men suffer from. Testosterone is a hormone which men produce primarily in their testicles. This condition may be a hormonal imbalance and is experienced by nearly 15 million men in the United States. Fortunately, testosterone replacement therapy? is available in different forms for men suffering from Hypogonadism.
Why is testosterone important?
According to the Mayo Clinic normal testosterone levels are essential for men in order to preserve the following health conditions:
- Healthy bone density
- Body fat distribution
- Healthy mass and muscle strength
- Production of red blood cells
- Healthy sex drive
- Production of sperm (essential for reproduction)
How does Low Testosterone Affect Men?
Low testosterone levels may affect the body at all ages from birth, through puberty, and throughout the adult aging process. Some of the conditions that may occur are:
- Low energy levels/fatigue: while low energy and fatigue can be somewhat normal depending on work habits, etc. they are not normal when they affect your normal daily routines
- Irritability: irritability can be caused by stress as well as a host of other problems but when it becomes a daily habit throughout the entire day there may be a problem that requires further investigation especially when it affects your daily routine and interactions with others
- Man breasts: this can be a result of other conditions such as obesity as well, but obesity and low testosterone levels go hand in hand
- Erectile dysfunction: this can be caused by other conditions as well but is a definite factor in low testosterone levels
- Decreased sexual drive: a major effect of low testosterone levels
- Depression: when it affects your daily routines and interactions with others it is more than just a result of a life event
- Normal body growth: low testosterone can affect normal body growth in young men and teens
- Facial hair/body hair/hair loss: low testosterone levels can affect the growth of body hair in young men and the loss of body hair in older men
- Cardiovascular issues: Low testosterone levels can affect the arteries
- Penis growth: in young boys’ low testosterone levels can affect penis growth
How does this condition occur?
Low testosterone affects mainly men but can also affect boys and develops when their bodies don’t produce enough testosterone. Men can be born with low testosterone or it may occur at any stage of life for a variety of reasons some of which are:
- Injury to testicles or scrotum: Injuries can come from sports, games, or some type of force directed at the testicles
- Aging: begins to decrease after the age of 30
- Medications: Opiates, pain medications, steroids, chemotherapies
- Performance enhancing drugs used by athletes
- Disease: Mumps, Type 2 Diabetes
- Obesity: Tends to produce an overabundance of estrogen and under abundance of testosterone because fat cells convert testosterone to estrogen
- Hemochromatosis: overabundance of iron in the blood
- Alcohol: excessive drinking
Testosterone Replacement Therapy
Testosterone replacement therapy is a procedure that may be of benefit to men when their testosterone levels are low. Acceptable levels of testosterone help provide health and well-being in men
Testosterone replacement therapy treatments may help restore the natural levels of the testosterone hormone in your body. Testosterone replacement therapy treatments can help repair a man’s emotion health, physical health, and his sexual health. The types of testosterone replacement therapy available include patches, gels, injections, and pills.